Thursday, December 25, 2008

Buon Natale a Tutti!






Piero and I had a wonderful Christmas dinner. We started with my favorite, crostini con fegatini di pollo, That's chicken liver spread on toasted bread. Following that we had the tortellini in brodo. You can see the steaming broth in the picture. Very soothing. I asked Piero why these are called tortellini when they are actually cappelletti. He said everybody calls them tortellini. Then the gorgeous leg of lamb with the roasted potatoes and tomatoes, plenty of rosemary perfuming the whole dish. (And how about the beautiful new roasting pan from Thanksgiving?) And of course, the mighty panettone as the grand finale with some bubbly and vin santo.
Piero surprised me with a book of the history of Stia in photographs. I will have hours of pleasure looking at the pictures. Some dating from 1889. What's really great is that things haven't changed too much since then.
The weather is changing as I write this on the evening of Christmas Day. I can hear the winds and Piero just came up from the cellar and said it's starting to snow.
Buon Natale, Much Love, and Buon Appetito to all!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely and delicious Christmas, Martha. Thanks! There's a recipe for crostini con fegatini at My Favorite Tuscan Antipasto if any of your readers would like to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciao Marti & Piero .. What a wonderful Christmas feast !! Wishing you health and much love this coming year !! Susan & Clint

    ReplyDelete